LAST UPDATE: 10/02/2017
- What does this Policy Cover?
This Policy sets out the principles for collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and removing personal data and describes other important topics relating to an individual’s privacy, including but not limited to the personal data collected on our Site or through the Services. This Policy may be amended from time to time without notice, and you are only authorised to use the Services if you agree to our Policy as amended from time to time.
By using the Services, or by providing your personal data to us, you a cknowledge that you have read and understood the Policy and agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in the manner described in this Policy.
In addition, if you have registered your telephone number with the national Do Not Call registry, we will not send you promotional and marketing messages via your telephone number unless you have provided us with the consent to do so.
- Collection, Use and Storage of Personal Data
The type of personal data that we may collect from you includes but is not limited to the following:
- name, title, address;
- personal identification and/or passport number;
- mobile and/or telephone number;
- email address and online passwords;
- records of communications with us (including but not limited to voice and text messages);
- credit card or debit card information;
- technical information;
- purchase and/or transaction history, including history on the usage of our Services; and
We only collect, use and disclose personal data with your consent or deemed consent or as otherwise permitted under the P ersonal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) or other applicable laws and regulations.
We will generally only collect, use, disclose and process personal data for the primary purposes of:
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship;
- providing the Services to you;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications, including processing and delivering products to you as part of the Services and facilitating product collection from our stores;
- registration, identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the Services or products that may be supplied to you;
- conducting antimoney laundering or countering the financing of terrorism checks as may be applicable in respect of any paymentrelated Services;
- responding to your queries;
- to the extent permitted under applicable law, marketing (such as providing you with information about our products and promotional notices and offers and sending regular newsletters, promotions, events or contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you);
- improving and providing the Services;
- contacting you for product, service or customer satisfaction surveys;
- safety, security and legal compliance; and
- the purposes reasonably related thereto;
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
- Disclosure of Personal Data
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, we will disclose personal data for the Purposes to third parties engaged to fulfil the Purposes, or who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also use and disclose your personal data for the Purposes with and to our subsidiaries, parent company or affiliates.
In addition, we may also disclose your personal data when we believe such disclosures are appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect our and others’ rights, property, or safety. This includes disclosing personal data to government agencies and authorities, regulators, exchanges, clearing houses, markets or depositories, where such disclosure is required by law or pursuant to the directives of such entities, and parties to whom we are under a duty to disclose personal data.
Nonpersonally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
In the event we are sold or integrated with another business your personal data may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
Other than the Purposes, we will not disclose your personal data for any other purposes unless your consent has been given or if so permitted or required under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
By submitting personal data to us, you warrant and represent that the personal data is accurate, true and complete.
If you have submitted personal data to us electronically or otherwise, and would like it corrected, then an email request should be sent to email@example.com. We will respond to your request to correct your personal data as soon as practicable. We reserve the right to disagree with any request to correct your personal data on reasonable grounds.
- Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal data by giving us reasonable notice by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of the consent. We will cease to collect, use or disclose the personal data once the withdrawal request has been processed by us unless otherwise permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Cookies and Third Party Sites
When you use our Services, including visiting our websites or use an application on our websites, we may record anonymous information such as IP address (where not used to identify a specific individual), time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
For further information about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our Site features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
Our Site and Services may contain links to or from other websites. We have no control over such third party websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. This Policy applies only to the information we collect on our Site and Services.
- Security of your Personal Data
We will not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind in connection with your personal data arising from consequential misuse and/or fraud if you do not take reasonable care to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of your personal data.
- Access to Personal Data
Subject to the PDPA, if you wish to be provided with information regarding your personal data that is in our possession or under our control, or the ways in which such personal data has been used or disclosed by us in the year preceding such request, then you need to send a written request by email to email@example.com. We will handle such requests as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with the PDPA. A fee may be levied for such requests.
- Anonymity when dealing with us
We allow individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with us, where practicable and to the extent allowed under law, without affecting the level of service that we are able to provide to the individuals.
- Further Information
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. A current version of this Policy will be published on our Site. If you have any queries or feedback about the Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.